As Americans prepare to pay extra for checked bags, wait in long lines, and endure increasingly crowded commercial flights, super-wealthy private jet owners are enjoying tax breaks and luxury at the public’s expense. “High Flyers: How Private Jet Travel Is Straining the System, Warming the Planet, and Costing You Money,” a report from the Institute for Policy Studies and Essential Action, exposes the impacts of private aviation on the air traffic system, carbon emissions, and everyday travelers. The report criticizes government inaction to rein in gas-guzzling, sky-crowding private jets, and the super-wealthy High Flyers who dodge security restrictions, carbon costs, and taxes.
- Peoples Sovereignty vs. Impunity Inc.: Counterpower and Struggles for Justice
- Getting Climate Finance Right
- TTIP – Why the World Should Beware
- Burning Our Bridges
- The Poor Get Prison: The Alarming Spread of the Criminalization of Poverty
- Off the Deep End: The Wall Street Bonus Pool and Low-Wage Workers
Stay in touch with our community of public scholars and get the latest cutting edge progressive analysis and commentary.