In this 2002 article for the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Robert Alvarez warned about the dangers posed by the practice of indefinitely leaving spent fuel rods in nuclear reactors. Nine years later, as workers at the Fukushima Nuclear site in Japan attempt to control the damage caused to the plant after last week’s massive earthquake and tsunami, his article is more timely than ever. Click here for the full article.
- Make Your Investments Fuel Change
- Forcing an Island of Peace to Host a Billion-Dollar Military Base
- Making Windmills out of Warplanes
- The Fight to Keep Toxic Mining—and the World Bank—Out of El Salvador
- Drilling Through the Noisy Climate Debate
- While We March for the Climate, Governments Meet with Polluters
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.
- MassLive.com, Apr 17, 2011