In this 2002 article for the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Robert Alvarez warned about the dangers posed by the practice of indefinitely leaving spent fuel rods in nuclear reactors. Nine years later, as workers at the Fukushima Nuclear site in Japan attempt to control the damage caused to the plant after last week’s massive earthquake and tsunami, his article is more timely than ever. Click here for the full article.
- EPA Moves to Cut Coal Pollution, But Critics Say Plan Falls Short on Real Emissions Reduction
- EPA’s Carbon Rule Falls Short of Real Emissions Reduction
- UN Green Climate Fund Open for Business – Now Where’s the Money?
- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company
- New Study Debunks Mining Company “Falsehoods” Regarding El Salvador
- Debunking Eight Falsehoods by Pacific Rim Mining / OceanaGold in El Salvador
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.
- MassLive.com, Apr 17, 2011