In this 2002 article for the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Robert Alvarez warned about the dangers posed by the practice of indefinitely leaving spent fuel rods in nuclear reactors. Nine years later, as workers at the Fukushima Nuclear site in Japan attempt to control the damage caused to the plant after last week’s massive earthquake and tsunami, his article is more timely than ever. Click here for the full article.
- Meet the Company Suing El Salvador for the Right to Poison Its Water
- The Leaf Blower Divide
- EPA Moves to Cut Coal Pollution, But Critics Say Plan Falls Short on Real Emissions Reduction
- EPA’s Carbon Rule Falls Short of Real Emissions Reduction
- UN Green Climate Fund Open for Business – Now Where’s the Money?
- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.
- MassLive.com, Apr 17, 2011