The latest in the New Feminist Solutions series published by the Barnard Center for Research on Women, “Valuing Domestic Work,” is a snapshot of domestic worker organizing in the United States. IPS staffer Tiffany Williams co-wrote the report (on behalf of the National Domestic Workers Alliance) with Dr. Premilla Nadasen, author of Welfare Warriors: The Welfare Rights Movement in the United States (Routledge 2005).
- Port Strikes Mirror Organized Labor’s Roots
- Webinar: Understanding the U.S.-ISIS Crisis and Washington’s New Wars
- Empire, Capitalism, and Human Trafficking in Northeast Asia
- Syrian Rebels Doing Best They Can to Alienate Supporters
- Six Reasons to Oppose John Kerry’s $4 Billion Plan for the Palestinians
- Foreign Aid Is Afghanistan’s Resource Curse
- The Poor Get Prison: The Alarming Spread of the Criminalization of Poverty
- Off the Deep End: The Wall Street Bonus Pool and Low-Wage Workers
- Fleecing Uncle Sam
- Darden’s Golden Goodbyes
- COMBAT VS. CLIMATE: The Military and Climate Security Budgets Compared
- Executive Excess 2014: The Obamacare Prescription for Bloated CEO Pay
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.