OtherWords is celebrating Earth Day this week by offering three environmental commentaries and a cartoon that somehow finds the humor in the Obama administration’s nuclear power fixation.
Daphne Wysham parses Obama’s “dirty energy” policy, Antonia Juhasz reflects on the BP oil disaster a year after the Deepwater Horizon explosion, and columnist William A. Collins highlights the dangers of nuclear reactors and weapons.
- Obama’s Dirty Energy Fixation / Daphne Wysham
- Learning from the BP Oil Disaster / Antonia Juhasz
- Volunteer Writers May Be Part of Journalism’s Future / Jason Salzman
- A Year after Arizona’s Debacle, Congress Considers a Better Immigration Law / Rep. Mike Honda
- Finally, Obama Leads on the Deficit / Donald Kaul
- Gubernatorial Goofiness in Maine / Jim Hightower
- Nukes: You Can Never Turn Your Back / William A. Collins
- Obama’s Nuclear GPS / Khalil Bendib