Fear replaces rational thinking; FDR knew this. Most Americans don’t personally know any Muslims but we do know that those who caused 9/11 claimed to be Muslim. So today in 2012, we are in the grips of Islamophobia. The Institute for Policy Studies’ John Feffer has a new book out called Crusade 2.0 which sheds much needed light on the crusade of a thousand years ago and the similarities to current fears and policies.
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Negotiations at a Dead End
- Video: Phyllis Bennis on RT’s “Crosstalk: Eternal War”
- Syrian War Moving Outward, Obama Looks Inward
- Video: Did McCain Go to Syria to Sabotage US Russia Negotiations?
- Syria: The Threats, the Claims, the Costs, the Lives
- Video: Syria Crisis Becoming Increasingly Sectarian
- Diplomacy, Not Bombs, Against ISIS
- Chilean President Michelle Bachelet Greets 2014 Letelier-Moffitt Awardees
- WEBINAR: The Emerging Divest Invest Moment
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Obamacare Benefit You’ve Never Heard Of
- WEBINAR: The People’s Climate March
- WEBINAR: The Obamacare Prescription for Bloated CEO Pay
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.
Want to see more like this?
Support John's work by chipping in. You can make a difference.