Efforts to rein in excessive executive compensation are facing fierce resistance in the U.S. Congress. This fact sheet identifies and dissects eight common justifications against public policy actions on executive pay. Click here to download “Executive Excess 2008: How Average Taxpayers Subsidize Runaway Pay,” an in-depth report on this issue.
- Walmart’s Executive Bonuses Cost Taxpayers Millions
- The One Percent at State U
- A Call for the Building of an Alternative Legal Framework to the International Investment Treaties: favoring the Public Interest while doing away with Transnational Corporate Impunity
- Restaurant Industry Pay: Taxpayers’ Double Burden
- Debunking Eight Falsehoods by Pacific Rim Mining / OceanaGold in El Salvador
- Wall Street Bonuses and the Minimum Wage
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.