On this week’s edition of The Breakdown, D.C. Editor Chris Hayes and Institute for Policy Studies Research Fellow Miriam Pemberton discuss just how much the US could afford to cut Pentagon spending while maintaining its status as the dominant military force in the world.
- Webinar: Understanding the U.S.-ISIS Crisis and Washington’s New Wars
- Empire, Capitalism, and Human Trafficking in Northeast Asia
- Syrian Rebels Doing Best They Can to Alienate Supporters
- Six Reasons to Oppose John Kerry’s $4 Billion Plan for the Palestinians
- Foreign Aid Is Afghanistan’s Resource Curse
- Restoring Slovenia’s Erased
- Chilean President Michelle Bachelet Greets 2014 Letelier-Moffitt Awardees
- WEBINAR: The Emerging Divest Invest Moment
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Obamacare Benefit You’ve Never Heard Of
- WEBINAR: The People’s Climate March
- WEBINAR: The Obamacare Prescription for Bloated CEO Pay
- Infographic: “One Percent” State Universities
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.
Want to see more like this?
Support Miriam's work by chipping in. You can make a difference.