Landau discussed the history of the Cuban Five and U.S. support for a group of anti-Castro militants who have been behind the bombing of airplanes, the blowing up of hotels and assassinations. Today they are allowed to live freely in the United States. “What did Cuba do to us?,” Landau asks. “Well, the answer, I think, is that they were disobedient, in our hemisphere. And they did not ask permission to take away property. They took it away. They nationalized property. And the United States … has never forgiven them.”
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Negotiations at a Dead End
- Video: Phyllis Bennis on RT’s “Crosstalk: Eternal War”
- Syrian War Moving Outward, Obama Looks Inward
- Video: Did McCain Go to Syria to Sabotage US Russia Negotiations?
- Syria: The Threats, the Claims, the Costs, the Lives
- Video: Syria Crisis Becoming Increasingly Sectarian
- Infographic: Lessons from NAFTA for the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Richard Trumka: Black Women Leaders of Labor Show Us a “Bright Path Forward”
- Diplomacy, Not Bombs, Against ISIS
- Chilean President Michelle Bachelet Greets 2014 Letelier-Moffitt Awardees
- WEBINAR: The Emerging Divest Invest Moment
- INFOGRAPHIC: The Obamacare Benefit You’ve Never Heard Of
Stay in touch with our community of public scholars and get the latest cutting edge progressive analysis and commentary.
Want to see more like this?
Support Saul's work by chipping in. You can make a difference.