- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company on April 10, 2014
- New Study Debunks Mining Company "Falsehoods" Regarding El Salvador on March 18, 2014
- Harry Potter, Walking Dead Celebrities Team Up to Promote Wall Street Tax on February 18, 2014
- News on Mistreatment of Indian Diplomat Ignores Story of Domestic Worker Abuse, says expert at Institute for Policy Studies on December 18, 2013
- "Viva Mandela, Viva!" on December 6, 2013
Senate Budget Committee Hearing with Sarah Anderson: Assessing Inequality, Mobility, and Opportunity
February 8, 2012
Washington DC – The Senate Budget Committee will hold a hearing on Thursday, 10 AM in Room SD-608 to consider: Assessing Inequality, Mobility, and Opportunity. Testifying will be Sarah Anderson, director of the Global Economy Program at the Institute for Policy Studies and coordinator of IPS’s annual Executive Excess report, which examines the wage gap between CEOs and workers, as well as other issues and indicators of inequality.
Dr. Jared Bernstein, Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Dr. Heather Boushey, Senior Economist, Center for American Progress
Ms. Sarah Anderson, Global Economy Project Director, Institute for Policy Studies
Dr. Mark J. Warshawsky, Member, Social Security Advisory Board
Dr. Scott Winship, Fellow, Center on Children and Families, Brookings Institute
Additional Witnesses TBA
By order of the Chairman
Mary Ann Naylor,
Majority Staff Director
Minority Staff Director
Individuals planning to attend a Senate Budget Committee hearing or meeting who require an auxiliary aid or service should contact the Committee at (202) 224-0642 at least three business days in advance. Closed captioning for webcast hearings is also available on request.
# # #
Institute for Policy Studies (www.IPS-DC.org) is a community of public scholars and organizers linking peace, justice, and the environment in the U.S. and globally. We work with social movements to promote true democracy and challenge concentrated wealth, corporate influence, and military power.