- Harry Potter, Walking Dead Celebrities Team Up to Promote Wall Street Tax on February 18, 2014
- News on Mistreatment of Indian Diplomat Ignores Story of Domestic Worker Abuse, says expert at Institute for Policy Studies on December 18, 2013
- "Viva Mandela, Viva!" on December 6, 2013
- President Obama's Words on Inequality Are "Not Enough," Say Experts at Institute for Policy Studies on December 5, 2013
- Fast Food CEOs Gorge on Taxpayer-Subsidized Pay on December 2, 2013
Rally to "Restore the Fourth" in Washington DC on Independence Day
July 3, 2013
81 Rallies across the United States; Find yours at RestoretheFourth.net
Endorsed by: StopWatching.Us, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Demand Progress, Bill of Rights Defense Committee, Institute for Policy Studies, National Lawyers Guild, Get FISA Right, RootsAction.Org, Washington Peace Center, Montgomery County Civil Rights Commission, Defending Dissent, CAIR MD, Codepink, and several more expected soon
Speakers: Senator Rand Paul (R-KY, recorded video); Governor Gary Johnson (L, recorded video); Congressman Alan Grayson (D-FL, recorded video); Carla Howell, Libertarian Party President; Thomas Drake, former senior executive of the NSA and whistleblower; Craig Aaron, president and CEO of Free Press; and many, many more!
Washington D.C. (July 1, 2013) – This Fourth of July hundreds of concerned area residents will gather in McPherson Square to demand the restoration of the Fourth Amendment rights of all Americans. The event is part of a nationwide movement called Restore the Fourth. Rallies will take place in 81 cities and towns across the country. A grassroots, non-partisan coalition of individuals came together online to organize the rallies to voice objection to recent revelations of domestic spying. Learn more at RestoreTheFourth.net. #RestoreThe4th
Rally to Restore the Fourth
Date: July 4, 2013
Location: McPherson Square
Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Restore the Fourth stands with more than 80 internet companies and organizations that have signed on with StopWatching.us.
We call upon Congress to:
1. Reform Section 215 of the USA PATRIOT Act, the state secrets privilege, and the FISA Amendments Act to make clear that blanket surveillance of the Internet activity and phone records of any person residing in the U.S. is prohibited by law;
2. Investigate, report, and reveal to the public the extent of this domestic spying;
3. Hold accountable those public officials who are found to be responsible for this unconstitutional surveillance.
The Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."