- International Coalition Supports El Salvador in Battle Against Canadian Mining Company on April 10, 2014
- New Study Debunks Mining Company "Falsehoods" Regarding El Salvador on March 18, 2014
- Harry Potter, Walking Dead Celebrities Team Up to Promote Wall Street Tax on February 18, 2014
- News on Mistreatment of Indian Diplomat Ignores Story of Domestic Worker Abuse, says expert at Institute for Policy Studies on December 18, 2013
- "Viva Mandela, Viva!" on December 6, 2013
Expert Available: Robert Alvarez on Japan's Nuclear Emergency
March 13, 2011
Robert Alvarez is available for interviews about Japan's nuclear emergency.
Alvarez, an Institute for Policy Studies senior scholar who served as a senior policy adviser to the Energy Department's secretary and deputy assistant secretary from 1993 to 1999, is blogging about the crisis on the IPS site. Visit the Institute's Nuclear Policy section to quickly locate his work.
"Japan's government and nuclear industry, with assistance from the U.S. military, is in a desperate race to stave off multiple nuclear reactor meltdowns — as well as potential fires in pools of spent fuel," Alvarez wrote on March 13.
"Let's hope that the core of the Japanese reactor can be cooled in time," Alvarez blogged on March 11. "We shouldn't need yet another major nuclear power accident to wake up the public and decision-makers to the fact that there are better and much safer ways to make electricity."
Members of the media seeking to interview him should contact Communications Manager Erik Leaver at email@example.com; 202-787-5240 (o); 240-535-8725 (m).
Institute for Policy Studies (IPS-DC.org) is a community of public scholars and organizers linking peace, justice, and the environment in the U.S. and globally. We work with social movements to promote true democracy and challenge concentrated wealth, corporate influence, and military power.