This report, currently only available in Spanish, is a collaborative effort led by Chile Sustentable and IPS, with contributions from eleven other groups from Mexico to Argentina. It’s the summary version of a much longer document that attempted to merge more than a dozen national reports into one regional analysis. The summary provides a detailed accounting of data describing the current energy matrix in Latin America. The region depends heavily on fossil fuels and energy demand is expected to increase faster than supply. Coupled with pressure to boost exports to to the U.S. and Europe, that means the region faces an energy security crisis.
- Peoples Sovereignty vs. Impunity Inc.: Counterpower and Struggles for Justice
- Getting Climate Finance Right
- TTIP – Why the World Should Beware
- Burning Our Bridges
- The Poor Get Prison: The Alarming Spread of the Criminalization of Poverty
- Off the Deep End: The Wall Street Bonus Pool and Low-Wage Workers
Stay in touch with our community of public scholars and get the latest cutting edge progressive analysis and commentary.