On January 9, 2013 at Busboys & Poets, Institute for Policy Studies’ Fellow and Director of IPS’ Drug Policy project Sanho Tree was one of three panelists for the author event “A Secret History of Coffee, Coca & Cola” an illustrated history of the intermingling of coffee, Coca-Cola, and cocaine by Ricardo Cortes. The other panelists were author-illustrator Cortes himself and Coletta Youngers, Senior Fellow at Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) on Drug policy in Latin America. The lively and captivating event was followed by an intriguing Q & A: Listen to this interesting excerpt:
- Understanding ISIS: Speaking Tour
- Richard Trumka: Black Women Leaders of Labor Show Us a “Bright Path Forward”
- Congressional Briefing: Economic Underpinnings of Migration in the Americas
- Challenging the Corporate Trade and Investment Agenda in Europe
- April 22 Brown Bag on Venezuela’s Electoral System
- VIDEO: From Grievance to Action: Mapping Grassroots Movements in Palestine
Stay in touch with our community of public scholars and get the latest cutting edge progressive analysis and commentary.
Want to see more like this?
Support Netfa's work by chipping in. You can make a difference.