Institute for Policy Studies and its projects host events around the world. Most events take place in Washington, DC, are free and open to the public.
- MarAuthor Event: Blue Future — IPS senior scholar Maude Barlow talks about and signs her new book on "Protecting Water and People and the Planet Forever."
- MarFilm: The Truth About Our Youth Premiere — The Institute for Policy Studies, Just Kids Maryland and others join for a screening that looks at Maryland's youth in the adult criminal justice system.
- MarThe United States Re-Balancing In East Asia — A seminar on adopting a 100-year time-frame to address a range of innovative policies that could ensure a long-term and cooperative U.S. presence.
- MarSplit This Rock Poetry Festival 2014 — Poems of Provocation & Witness 2014 invites poets, writers, activists, and dreamers to Washington, DC for four days of poetry, community building, and creative transformation.
- AprAuthor Event: Life Interrupted — IPS' Break The Chain Campaign and Teaching for Change Bookstore will host Denise Brennan author of a new book on trafficking into forced labor in the united states.
- MarWar vs. Diplomacy: Uncovering the Real Debate in Washington — Community Alliance of Lane County and the Lane Community College Peace Center Present a live streamed presentation by IPS Fellow Phyllis Bennis.
- MarBrown Bag Discussion with Yanira Cortez — El Salvador's Deputy Attorney for the Human Rights Ombudsman Office joins a roundtable discussion on the impact and issues on mining.
- MarBlack Monday Movement for Budget Justice in Uganda — ActionAid Uganda's Executive Director,Arthur Larok speaks on "Fighting corruption and advocating for public investment in communities."
- FebEconomic Crisis, War & Racism — IPS Associate Fellow, Ajamu Baraka visiting from Colombia, South America on a U.S. tour will speak about "why the fight must be for people-centered human rights."
- FebThe Legacy of Hugo Chavez at Home and Abroad — Institute for Policy Studies boardmember, James Early moderates a timely and dynamic panel about Venezuela on the 1st anniversary of the passing of the late Venezuelan President.
- FebCEO-Worker Pay Ratios: Cutting-Edge Campaigns on a Critical Inequality Battleground — A discussion on the widening pay gaps on the global political stage and how we can build on promising initiatives to narrow this economic divide.
- FebFilm: The Trials of Muhammad Ali — An IPS and Community Cinema [DC] preview that explores the extraordinary and complex life of the legendary athlete outside the boxing ring, followed by Q&A with political sports writer David Zirin.
- FebGlobal Agenda 2014 — IPS' Foreign Policy In Focus Co-Director Emira Woods speaks on “Global Demands, Regional Responses” to Africa in the 21st Century.”
- FebAuthor Event: Unfinished Agenda — Noted attorney, educator, musician and community advocate, Junius Williams, presents and signs his new book on "Urban Politics in the Era of Black Power."
- FebEmployment: A Human Right — IPS' John Cavanagh joins in a discussion with Representatives John Conyers, Jr. and Frederica S. Wilson on International Human Rights Day.
If you are hosting an event that IPS is part of, send details to email@example.com