Panelists & Speakers:
- Danny Glover, Actor/Activist (via Skype)
- Barbara Arnwine, President, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights
- Hilary Shelton, Director, Washington Office of the NAACP
- Nkechi Taifa, Senior Policy Analyst, Open Society Foundations
- Ron Hampton, former executive director, National Black Police Assn
- Jasiri X, Hip Hop artist and activist
- Dr. Ron Daniels, President, Institute of the Black World (IBW)
- Don Rojas, Director of Communications, IBW
- Keenan Keller, Senior Counsel to the House Judiciary Committee
- Andy Shallal, artist, activist and owner of Busboys and Poets
Co-sponsored by Busboys and Poets, A.C.T.O.R (A Continuing Talk on Race), the Institute of the Black World 21st Century (IBW), and the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS)
Live Broadcast by WPFW, 89.3 FM!
The Institute of the Black World 21st Century (IBW) is a leading research, advocacy and public policy organization committed to enhancing the capacity of Black communities in the U.S. and globally to achieve cultural, social, economic and political equality and an enhanced quality of life for all marginalized people.
The A.C.T.O.R. (A Continuing Talk on Race) open discussion series is hosted by Busboys and Poets as a community service. It provides the opportunity for people to come together and speak openly and honestly about issues of race. The intent is that each person walks away from the discussion feeling something: challenged, educated, uncomfortable, enlightened, refreshed, reassured and hopefully inspired and moved to action! Each month there is a new topic for discussion.
Institute for Policy Studies is a community of public scholars and organizers linking peace, justice, and the environment in the U.S. and globally.