IPS joins the International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5 in inviting you to this free event in support of freeing the Cuban 5 and normalizing U.S.-Cuba relations.
There will be an exhibit of political cartoons by one of the Cuban 5, Gerardo Hernandez; poetry reading by local artist Abayomi Huria; and a keynote speech by: Dolores Huerta, President of the Dolores Huerta Foundation and Co-Founder of the Untied Farm Workers.
- Danny Glover, actor, film director and activist,
- James Early, Director, Cultural heritage policy, Center for Folklife and Cultural heritage,
- Salim lamrani, French journalist, and researcher on Cuba/U.S. relations,
- Saul Landau, professor, author, Emmy Award filmmaker,
- Wayne Smith, former Chief of the U.S. Interests Section in Havana,
- Jose Pertierra, Immigration Attorney representing the government of Vnezueala in the case of Luis Posada Carriles’ extradition, and
- Mavis Anderson, Senior Assoiciate of Latin America Working Group
U.S. and International guests are: Cindy Sheehand, Norman Paech (Germany); Arnold August (Quebec); Stephen Kimber and Brian Gordon Sinclair (Canada); Katrien Demynck (Belgium), Salim Lamrani (France), Juan Manuel Morales Ignleias and actor Willy Toledo (Spain); invited: Ambassadors of ALBA countries.
This event is part of the Five Days for the Cuban 5 in Washington, D.C. April 17 – 21, 2012.