Major gifts fundraising is a mystery, an art, and a system. If you have board members with networks of philanthropists, or donors who are giving less than they could, you have the seeds of a major gifts program.
Can you commit two hours a week to identifying your best prospects, learning what excites them, sharing your passion for the organization with them, and inviting their support? This 4 hour workshop and workbook, presented in a collaboration between IPS’ Social Action & Leadership School for Activists and Jump Start Growth, will give you the structure and confidence you need to solicit large gifts from individual donors:
- Why no matter how busy you are you can’t afford to put off major gifts fundraising
- How to do major gifts fundraising when you are busy with other things
- Telling your story—an essential skill for fundraising
- How to use your strategic planning process to build relationships with your best donors
- Candyland for grownups: the cultivation sequence
- How to conquer phobias, anxiety, and neurosis about money – yours and other people’s.
You’ll have a blueprint for your major gifts program at the end of the seminar.
Paul Jolly has been a major gifts fundraiser for 25 years. Most of his work has been in small shops where he was the only development professional. His employers and clients have been outside of the philanthropic mainstream, organizations where he was delighted to disprove the skeptics who said “it can’t be done here.” Jump Start Growth, Inc. is a consulting firm focused exclusively on helping nonprofit organizations strengthen relationships with their best donors and prospects.
Contact Paul with questions at 301.758.3410 or [email protected].