Institute for Policy Studies and its projects host events around the world. Most events take place in Washington, DC, are free and open to the public.
- JunFilm: Love Free or Die — An IPS and Community Cinema [DC] preview about the first openly gay person to be elected bishop in the high church traditions of Christianity. Bishop Gene Robinson will be the special guest in the post-screening discussion.
- JunAuthor Event: We Created Chavez: A People's History of the Venezuelan Revolution — The Institute for Policy Studies joins Teaching for Change bookstore and Center for Economic Policy and Research for a discussion and book signing with George Ciccariello-Maher.
- JulWorkshop: Afro- Descendants in Uruguay — Organized by IPS Board Member James Early, a workshop on affirmative rights and Uruguay-U.S. educational exchanges on non-racial discrimination.
- SepTribute to Justice — The Institute for Policy Studies proudly joins the Charles Horman Truth Foundation to to mark 40 years since the military coup in Chile.
- OctSave the Date: IPS 50th Anniversary Celebration — Mark your calendars for an action-packed weekend to celebrate 50 years of the Institute for Policy Studies, an independent center of thought and action!
- JunBeyond the Great Recession and Beyond GDP — The Institute for Policy Studies' Genuine Progress Project joins Demos in welcoming Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley and Earth Institute Director Jeffrey Sachs for a dialogue on measuring and sustaining what matters in the 21st-Century Economy.
- JunPublic School Reform: The New Inequality in Education — A discussion with Junius Williams, noted attorney, educator, musician and community advocate.
- JunLatin America Rises Up — IPS Associate Fellow, Manuel Pérez-Rocha presenting at Left Forum 2013 on resistance to mega mining across the Americas.
- JunThe Human Costs of The Prison Industrial Complex — A focus on the impact of mass incarceration on communities and the larger society.
- JunThe Second "5 Days for the Cuban 5 — Institute for Policy Studies joins with the International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5 for the 2nd annual week of actions to get justice for: Fernando González, Gerardo Hernández, Antonio Guerrero, Ramón Labañino, And René González.
- MayThe Rich Don't Always Win: A Talk With Sam — Join us for a book discussion on "The Forgotten Triumph over Plutocracy that Created the American Middle Class, 1900-1970 with author Sam Pizzigati.
- MayGlimpse of the Prison Industrial Complex from the Inside — A public education event giving first hand perspectives and experiences of incarcerated persons while they are on "the inside."
- MayGlobal Race to the Bottom is Getting Much Worse — A teach-in and lobby skill-share session about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and what you can do to impact the biggest trade deal ever.
- MayFilm Screening and Forum: From Cuba to Kuba — IPS' Foreign Policy In Focus joins with Friends of The Congo to commemorate Che Guevara and the awakening of an internationalist movement.
- MayWhat is The African Diaspora's Responsibility Towards Africa? — A Foreign Policy In Focus brown bag discussion in commemoration of African Liberation Day. LIVESTREAM AVAILABLE.
If you are hosting an event that IPS is part of, send details to email@example.com