Unmanageable foreign debts are dragging down many of the most impoverished countries in the world. The impacts of these debts are most direct and life-threatening in the Global South, but they also boomerang back to undermine jobs and the environment in our own country. For people in the United States, joining the global calls for debt cancellation is the right thing to do. And as this study shows, it is also in our interest.
- Darden’s Golden Goodbyes
- COMBAT VS. CLIMATE: The Military and Climate Security Budgets Compared
- Executive Excess 2014: The Obamacare Prescription for Bloated CEO Pay
- Walmart’s Executive Bonuses Cost Taxpayers Millions
- The One Percent at State U
- A Call for the Building of an Alternative Legal Framework to the International Investment Treaties: favoring the Public Interest while doing away with Transnational Corporate Impunity
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.
Want to see more like this?
Support Sarah's work by chipping in. You can make a difference.