A Lebanese Alawite family sits in their living room by a Christmas tree. The Alawite sect is a branch of Shi’a Islam found mostly in Syria. When asked about their Christmas tree, they replied “We obviously don’t believe in the same Christmas story, but its a fun holiday. Nice for the kids.”
- Finding an Alternative to War with ISIS
- Looking Beyond the Headlines on Black Jobs and Workers in America
- An Open Letter to Obama: If You Want Money for the Climate, Tax Wall Street
- Obama, Letterman, and the ‘I’ Word
- Blackwater Sentencing and Accountability for Private Military Contractors
- Manuel Pérez-Rocha discusses upcoming Summit of the Americas
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.