A Lebanese Alawite family sits in their living room by a Christmas tree. The Alawite sect is a branch of Shi’a Islam found mostly in Syria. When asked about their Christmas tree, they replied “We obviously don’t believe in the same Christmas story, but its a fun holiday. Nice for the kids.”
- Port Strikes Mirror Organized Labor’s Roots
- Webinar: Understanding the U.S.-ISIS Crisis and Washington’s New Wars
- Empire, Capitalism, and Human Trafficking in Northeast Asia
- Syrian Rebels Doing Best They Can to Alienate Supporters
- Six Reasons to Oppose John Kerry’s $4 Billion Plan for the Palestinians
- Foreign Aid Is Afghanistan’s Resource Curse
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.