A Lebanese Alawite family sits in their living room by a Christmas tree. The Alawite sect is a branch of Shi’a Islam found mostly in Syria. When asked about their Christmas tree, they replied “We obviously don’t believe in the same Christmas story, but its a fun holiday. Nice for the kids.”
- Do We Need a Maximum Wage?
- Gender Pay Gap Drives Inequality
- Standing Before Congress, Pope Francis Calls Out the ‘Industry of Death’
- What Can ‘Star Trek’ Teach Us About American Exceptionalism?
- The Guardian Reveals the West Ignored Russian Offer to Depose Assad in 2012
- What America Owes the Refugees Pouring Into Europe
Stay in touch with our community of public scholars and get the latest cutting edge progressive analysis and commentary.