A Lebanese Alawite family sits in their living room by a Christmas tree. The Alawite sect is a branch of Shi’a Islam found mostly in Syria. When asked about their Christmas tree, they replied “We obviously don’t believe in the same Christmas story, but its a fun holiday. Nice for the kids.”
- Blackwater Sentencing and Accountability for Private Military Contractors
- Manuel Pérez-Rocha discusses upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Better a War than an Agreement?
- Why Obama’s Climate Change Proposal Falls Short
- Advice for Hillary Clinton on Her Brother’s Bad Judgment
- Rebranding the Nuclear Weapons Complex Won’t Reform It
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.