This Week in OtherWords: September 3-9, 2012
September 3, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Sam Pizzigati explains that the windfalls extracted from Apple's patenting bonanza will pad its top executives' pockets.
- The Six Stages of Climate Grief / Daphne Wysham
I have discovered a new sixth stage, beyond acceptance of the truly depressing climate science: doing The Work.
- AT&T's Upside-Down World / Craig Aaron
If we had actual competition for mobile phone services in America, AT&T's decision to charge you more for less would never fly.
- Indefensible: The Truth about Pentagon Spending / Suzie Dershowitz
A mountain of misleading rhetoric from big Pentagon contractors has buried the facts.
- Losing Latino Votes / Raul A. Reyes
The more we know about Ryan, the more obvious it becomes that he and Romney aren't a winning combination for America.
- Who's Really Winning the Smartphone Wars? / Sam Pizzigati
We're letting top executives of giant corporations expropriate public "property" for private gain.
- The Koch Brothers' Moonshine / Jim Hightower
The paper industry's titans have teamed up with practitioners of the legislative black arts to turn their sludge into a slick tax loophole.
- Sorry, You Can't Get There From Here / William A. Collins
The United States has invested big time in roads, but not rails.
- Ryan at the Trough / Khalil Bendib (cartoon)
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014