This Week in OtherWords: November 14, 2012
November 14, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Sarah Anderson Khalil Bendib highlight the dangers of the slick and well-financed "Fix the Debt" campaign.
This week, OtherWords features an op-ed by Sarah Anderson and a cartoon by Khalil Bendib that highlight the dangers of the "Fix the Debt" campaign. Spearheaded by big corporations and their CEOs, this slick and well-financed initiative could only make our national financial situation worse by slashing tax revenue and cutting Social Security and other earned benefits.
- The Trojan Horse in the Debt Debate / Sarah Anderson
Dozens of CEOs are running a misleading campaign that would just make matters worse.
- Our Nuclear Insecurity Complex / Peter Stockton
The government has yet to address the lapses in bomb-grade uranium storage security that an 82-year-old nun and her accomplices revealed months ago.
- Fracking our Thanksgiving Feast / Joel Greeno
Could mining Wisconsin sand lead to butter and cranberry shortages?
- Voting Can Be Good for Your Health / Hillary Gibson
Obama's re-election means insurance companies won't be able refuse to cover the treatment I will need for the rest of my life.
- The Return on Those Bad Bets on Romney / Sam Pizzigati
Billionaires can win politically even when they lose on Election Day.
- Without Unity, We'll Tumble Over the Fiscal Cliff / Mattea Kramer
Our lawmakers have an opportunity to negotiate a better budget deal for this country.
- The Biggest Loser in Politics / Jim Hightower
Billionaires expect better returns than Karl Rove pulled off on Election Day.
- Please Don't Shoot the Messengers / William A. Collins
Official secrecy doesn't just shield high-ranking officials from the personal embarrassment that comes with taking the term "embedded" too literally.
- The 'Fix-the-Debt' Racket / Khalil Bendib Cartoon
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014