This Week in OtherWords: July 10, 2013
July 10, 2013 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
We're highlighting the debate over the Obama administration's nuclear weapons policy.
This week in OtherWords, we're highlighting the debate over the Obama administration's nuclear weapons policy, with op-eds by Peter Weiss and James C. Lewis and a cartoon by Khalil Bendib.
If you haven't already subscribed to our weekly newsletter, please do.
- Obama Sharpens His Nuclear Posture / Peter Weiss
A new Pentagon document indicates that contingent plans for the use of nuclear weapons are being made, with the self-evidently impossible task of minimizing collateral damage.
- It Can’t Happen Here / Tiffany Williams
Au pairs may get an experience they didn't bargain for when they head for a stint in the United States.
- One Step at a Time / Chris Schillig
The middle ground the Boy Scouts found on gay rights is one that rankles as much as it pleases.
- Smaller Arsenals Beat Bigger Ones / James C. Lewis
Obama is trying to enhance U.S. national security by reducing the threat of nuclear weapons.
- Taking Embarrassing to a New Level / Donald Kaul
Every administration hits rough waters.
- Predistribute the Wealth / Sam Pizzigati
The market has stopped working for working people.
- A Deadly Power Surge / Jill Richardson
Fracking might be profitable, but whether it's good for anything else is doubtful.
- North Carolina Rips More Holes in Its Safety Net / Jim Hightower
If ignorance is bliss, Governor McCrory must be ecstatic.
- Syrian Dead End / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
How can the United States afford to keep proving that it's bad at bringing peace to conflict-ridden Middle Eastern countries?
- Washington Goes AWOL / Khalil Bendib cartoon
Emily Schwartz Greco is the managing editor of OtherWords, a non-profit national editorial service run by the Institute for Policy Studies. OtherWords.org
- Six of the Top Ten U.S. Billionaires Are Kochs and Waltons
November 25, 2013
- What's Hot and What's Not at COP19 in Warsaw
November 22, 2013
- Corporate Capture in Warsaw: The 'New Normal' in the Disaster Zone
November 18, 2013
- If You Can 'Speak' with Your Money, Then Why Is Asking For Money Illegal?
November 18, 2013