The Lost Chapters of Malcolm X
May 19, 2010 · By Dedrick Muhammad
And a discussion on the racial divide in honor of his 85th birthday.
Today in honor of the 85th birthday of Malcolm X, I'm participating in an hour long discussion on the living legacy of Malcolm X and what Malcolm means in Obama's America.
This discussion will occur on the Marc Steiner show 5pm to 6pm on 88.9FM for those in the Baltimore area. For those not in the Baltimore area, go to Marc Steiner's website tomorrow and catch the podcast.
Also participating in the show will be:
- Minister Akbar Muhammad, who was in the Nation of Islam under Malcolm X;
- Omar Musa a Washington DC community activist, and
- Lalit Clarkson from the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement.
In honor of this birthday the lost chapters of the Autobiography of Malcolm X are to be revealed in New York City. These chapters are said to highlight Malcolm’s view of the means to overcome the racial divide in the United States. During this time of America’s war against Islamic terrorism, I believe further discussion on one of the country’s most well known radical, anti-Western Muslims will be quite enlightening.
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014