The Lineup: Week of May 7-13, 2012
May 7, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Sarah Anderson underscores the dangers posed by Wall Street's lightning-speed computerized trading.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Sarah Anderson underscores the dangers posed by Wall Street's lightning-speed computerized trading and Donald Kaul makes the case for eating more vegetables. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- Wall Street's Speed Freaks / Sarah Anderson
The high-frequency trading that dominates the stock market could trigger another global financial crisis.
- Grassroots Victory / Carl Gibson
A coalition of big corporations has lost a battle to nab a huge tax break.
- A Watered-Down Education / Wenonah Hauter
Project WET's supposed mission is a slap in the face to any community that has had its water muscled away by Nestle.
- A More Meaningful Mother's Day Gift / Leslie Kantor
How about giving moms a little help with the birds and the bees?
- Vegan Confessions / Donald Kaul
The vegetable is a quick cure for much if not most of our health problems.
- Food Stamp Foolishness / Jim Hightower
Rep. Paul Ryan's trying to justify his abuse of the poor with religious lip service.
- The Pipeline from the Black Lagoon / William A. Collins
TransCanada's Keystone XL project is rotten.
- Vegan on Board / Khalil Bendib
- A Devil's Bargain on the Climate
February 24, 2014
- Celebrities, European Leaders Push for Final Deal on Wall Street Tax
February 19, 2014
- 7 Things to Look Out for in the UN's Green Climate Fund
February 13, 2014
- Talking Points: State of the Union, of War, of the Middle East
February 10, 2014