The Lineup: Week of May 14-20, 2012
May 14, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Sam Pizzigati puts Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin's discarded U.S. citizenship into context.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Sam Pizzigati puts Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin's discarded U.S. citizenship into context and Booth Gunter discusses the grim conditions young inmates endured at a for-profit prison in Mississippi. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- No Country for Rich Men / Sam Pizzigati
From Manhattan to Monaco, the world's wealthiest people are disconnecting into a class of stateless transients.
- Operation Lip Service / Chris Toensing
A year after President Obama promised that Washington would stop buttressing autocratic regimes, Bahrain's popular revolt is still being crushed.
- Bank of America's Healthier Roots / Scott Klinger and Chuck Collins
Founder Amadeo P. Giannini built a booming business while helping others improve their lot and their communities.
- Meting out Injustice in Mississippi / Booth Gunter
Prisoners, some as young as 13, are being brutalized in facilities owned by private companies that exist solely to turn a profit.
- Our Ruinous Game / Donald Kaul
Football fans have a high tolerance for pain -- in others -- and show little sympathy for the plight of the players who now are seeking redress for their injuries.
- Coddling the 10 Percent / Jim Hightower
To reel in these mid-level richies, bankers are offering to pamper them lavishly.
- Abortion Politics / William A. Collins
Although its opposition to abortion and family planning probably won't foment a landslide away from the Catholic Church, the steady erosion of membership is increasing.
- USS Excess / Khalil Bendib
- Six of the Top Ten U.S. Billionaires Are Kochs and Waltons
November 25, 2013
- What's Hot and What's Not at COP19 in Warsaw
November 22, 2013
- Corporate Capture in Warsaw: The 'New Normal' in the Disaster Zone
November 18, 2013
- If You Can 'Speak' with Your Money, Then Why Is Asking For Money Illegal?
November 18, 2013