The Lineup: Week of March 19-25, 2012
March 19, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Jim Hightower lauds the residents of Keene, New Hampshire who don't want their town to get its own tank.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Sanjeev Bery addresses the situation in Syria and Jim Hightower lauds the residents of Keene, New Hampshire who don't want their town to get its own tank. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- The Humanity of Poetry / Sarah Browning
The 500 poets participating in Split This Rock festival come from all walks of life and all levels of education and training.
- Consumers Need to Know about Those Newfangled Ingredients / Andrew Korfhage
Between 70 and 80 percent of the processed foods Americans eat contain genetically modified ingredients.
- Syria's Systematic Torture / Sanjeev Bery
Concerted action by the international community appears to be the only recourse
- What's Good for the CEO May Be Bad for Business / Kenneth Peres
Today's corporate elites should stop pushing for austerity for the many and prosperity for the few and embrace Henry Ford's strategy of shared prosperity.
- I Don't Like Ike's Memorial / Donald Kaul
If you're going to do something that big, don't put it on the National Mall.
- Standing Up For Common Sense / Jim Hightower
Keene, New Hampshire has no crime that would warrant rolling out a tank.
- Our Health Care Racket / William A. Collins
The purpose of America's health care industry is to provide cozy income to the few at the top while abusing the poorly paid health aides at the bottom and consigning vast swaths of the population to inadequate care.
- Syria's Butcher / Khalil Bendib
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014