The Lineup: Week of June 25-July 1, 2012
June 25, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
William Barclay explains why we need a Robin Hood tax on financial transactions.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, William Barclay explains why we need a Robin Hood tax on financial transactions and Robert Alvarez warns that the nation's nuclear safety policies fall short of what's needed. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- The Tea Party Shtick / Sam Pizzigati
Our founders wouldn't be amused.
- The Robin Hood Tax / William Barclay
Finance should once again support the real economy of goods and services.
- A Radioactive Conflict of Interest / Robert Alvarez
Having the Energy Department manage radiation health research makes as much sense as giving tobacco companies the authority to see if smoking is bad for you.
- Big Cable's Plan to Lock Down Your Future / Timothy Karr
While the likes of Comcast and Time Warner Cable have every right to profit from their investments and services, they shouldn't abuse their dominant market share to remake our Internet in their image.
- One Weak Domino / Donald Kaul
Other countries have problems, but Greece's are an encyclopedia of bad behavior.
- Afghanistan's Corrupt Oligarchy / Jim Hightower
The brothers of Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan's incompetent, impossibly vain, and dishonest president, have amassed astonishing fortunes.
- Bilked by Banks / William A. Collins
Wall Street's misdeeds haven't loomed large this election year.
- Super Highway Robbery / Khalil Bendib
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014