The Lineup: Week of Dec. 26, 2011- Jan. 1, 2012
December 26, 2011 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
If you're one of the many readers who eagerly await Donald Kaul's weekly column, or a newspaper editor who would panic if we suddenly stopped showing up in your inbox, please make a tax-deductible contribution today.
As 2011 draws to a close, OtherWords wishes you and your families a happy holiday season.
In this week's editorial package, Wenonah Hauter explains why you should resolve to avoid genetically engineered foods in 2012, Jim Hightower cheers the reappearance of New York's state bug, and Donald Kaul sums up the evidence against the Iowa caucuses serving as an electoral weathervane. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
OtherWords commentaries and cartoons run in at least 275 newspapers across the nation and dozens of websites. If you're one of the many readers who eagerly await Donald Kaul's weekly column, or a newspaper editor who would panic if we suddenly stopped showing up in your inbox, please make a tax-deductible contribution today.
We're seeking new sources of support that will enable us to continue our distribution of bold, newsroom-ready commentaries and cartoons free of charge. Any amount you can spare will make a big difference.
- Two Cold War Milestones / John Feffer
- Defending the Ballot Box / Leslie Watson Malachi
- New Iran Sanctions Would Do More Harm than Good / Andrew Carpenter
- Resolve to Keep Science Experiments off Your Dinner Table in 2012 / Wenonah Hauter
- Reading Frog Entrails / Donald Kaul
- Three Cheers for the Nine-Spotted Ladybug / Jim Hightower
- Runaway Spending Cuts / William A. Collins
- Engineered Foods / Khalil Bendib
- Six of the Top Ten U.S. Billionaires Are Kochs and Waltons
November 25, 2013
- What's Hot and What's Not at COP19 in Warsaw
November 22, 2013
- Corporate Capture in Warsaw: The 'New Normal' in the Disaster Zone
November 18, 2013
- If You Can 'Speak' with Your Money, Then Why Is Asking For Money Illegal?
November 18, 2013