The Lineup: Week of April 30-May 6, 2012
April 30, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Emira Woods puts Charles Taylor's war crimes in Liberia and Sierra Leone into context.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Emira Woods puts Charles Taylor's war crimes in Liberia and Sierra Leone into context and David Elliot delivers a moving college commencement address to today's debt-ridden grads. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- The Strange Case of Charles Taylor / Emira Woods
This long-awaited verdict against the former Liberian strongman brings some measure of justice to a region ripped apart by brutality, greed, and proxy wars.
- Shortchanging America / Chuck Collins and Scott Klinger
Verizon is the poster child for corporate irresponsibility.
- The Class of 2012's Choice / David Elliot
Today's graduates must change the world if they don't want to wind up flipping burgers.
- Walmart's Arrogance / Chris Tilly
The Walmex bribery scandal casts a spotlight on the retail giant's many offenses in North America.
- Declaration of War / Donald Kaul
Republican firebrands want to set Romney's agenda.
- ALEC's Comeuppance / Jim Hightower
Not only have the people rebelled, they've also organized and mobilized.
- U.S. Torturers are Still Awaiting Arrest / William A. Collins
Prosecution is an effective cure for torture.
- Graduating into Debt / Khalil Bendib
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014