The Lineup: Week of April 23-29, 2012
April 23, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Jamin Raskin explains why Romney's choice of Robert Bork as a top advisor is troubling.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Jamin Raskin explains why Romney's choice of Robert Bork as a top advisor is troubling and Martha Burk weighs in on what's at stake for women this election year. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- The War on Mommies / Martha Burk
We trot out flowers and overdone pancakes every Mother's Day, but the truth is we don't value our mothers enough.
- Romney's Borking Strategy / Jamin Raskin
Romney's choice of a Reagan administration relic for judicial guidance offers a scary glimpse of his plans for America.
- An Exit Strategy for Afghanistan / Jim Cason
The United States can't abandon the country, but our troops must leave.
- Immigration is a Human Rights Issue / Carlin Christy
Millions of lives have been disrupted and torn apart by harsh immigration enforcement practices.
- The Freedom to Fear / Donald Kaul
The only change the Supreme Court's majority believes in is change that takes us back to the 18th century.
- Two Heads Aren't Always Better than One / Jim Hightower
An alarming percentage of the fish found in creeks contaminated by J.R. Simplot's phosphate mining operations in Idaho are grossly deformed.
- This Economy Stinks Worse than You Think / William A. Collins
Too many top economic commentators are drawn from a pool of talking heads and economists who treat the welfare of corporations as a top priority.
- Gender Gap / Khalil Bendib
- A Devil's Bargain on the Climate
February 24, 2014
- Celebrities, European Leaders Push for Final Deal on Wall Street Tax
February 19, 2014
- 7 Things to Look Out for in the UN's Green Climate Fund
February 13, 2014
- Talking Points: State of the Union, of War, of the Middle East
February 10, 2014