The Lineup: Week of April 2-8, 2012
April 2, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Chuck Collins explains what's behind the "99 percent spring."
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Chuck Collins explains what's behind the "99 percent spring" and Bill Wenzel discusses a proposal that would boost the farmers and ranchers who supply the local food system. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- The 99 Percent Spring / Chuck Collins
The people aren't powerless in the face of extreme inequality.
- Our Failed Cuba Policy Fixation / Jess Hunter-Bowman
In an election year, presidential candidates spend a great deal of time bowing before the altar of the creaky Cuban embargo.
- Catching up to the Local Food Revolution / Bill Wenzel
Government policies and spending primarily support industrialized agriculture and the giant farms and corporations that profit from it.
- Congress: Listen to Lt. Col. Daniel Davis / Dana Liebelson
The 17-year Army veteran risked his career by speaking out about the Afghanistan War.
- Riding on the Wrong Track / Donald Kaul
Stop the world; I want to get off.
- Congress Opts to Keep Poisoning Children / Jim Hightower
Lead poisoning is entirely preventable.
- Energy: Too Important to Leave to Corporations / William A. Collins
In the United States, profits rule while the environment takes a back seat.
- Off Our Backs / Khalil Bendib
- Six of the Top Ten U.S. Billionaires Are Kochs and Waltons
November 25, 2013
- What's Hot and What's Not at COP19 in Warsaw
November 22, 2013
- Corporate Capture in Warsaw: The 'New Normal' in the Disaster Zone
November 18, 2013
- If You Can 'Speak' with Your Money, Then Why Is Asking For Money Illegal?
November 18, 2013