The Lineup: Week of April 18-24, 2011
April 18, 2011 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Our Earth Day special edition features three commentaries and a cartoon addressing Obama's "dirty energy" policy and the BP oil disaster, as well as the dangers of nuclear weapons and reactors.
OtherWords is celebrating Earth Day this week by offering three environmental commentaries and a cartoon that somehow finds the humor in the Obama administration's nuclear power fixation.
Daphne Wysham parses Obama's "dirty energy" policy, Antonia Juhasz reflects on the BP oil disaster a year after the Deepwater Horizon explosion, and columnist William A. Collins highlights the dangers of nuclear reactors and weapons.
- Obama's Dirty Energy Fixation / Daphne Wysham
- Learning from the BP Oil Disaster / Antonia Juhasz
- Volunteer Writers May Be Part of Journalism's Future / Jason Salzman
- A Year after Arizona's Debacle, Congress Considers a Better Immigration Law / Rep. Mike Honda
- Finally, Obama Leads on the Deficit / Donald Kaul
- Gubernatorial Goofiness in Maine / Jim Hightower
- Nukes: You Can Never Turn Your Back / William A. Collins
- Obama's Nuclear GPS / Khalil Bendib
- A Devil's Bargain on the Climate
February 24, 2014
- Celebrities, European Leaders Push for Final Deal on Wall Street Tax
February 19, 2014
- 7 Things to Look Out for in the UN's Green Climate Fund
February 13, 2014
- Talking Points: State of the Union, of War, of the Middle East
February 10, 2014