The Lineup: Week of April 16-22, 2012
April 16, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Donald Kaul connects the racist dots linking the Supreme Court's strip-search ruling and the Trayvon Martin case.
In this week's OtherWords editorial package, Donald Kaul connects the racist dots linking the Supreme Court's strip-search ruling and the Trayvon Martin case, and Raul A. Reyes says that if Romney chooses Marco Rubio as his running mate it wouldn't make Latino voters swoon. On our blog, I weigh in on the lack of byline diversity in the nation's top op-ed sections. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- Pothole Nation / Sam Pizzigati
We can thank inequality for America's inadequate -- and increasingly unsafe -- basic infrastructure.
- Rubio's False Promise / Raul A. Reyes
He's on the wrong side of too many issues that matter to Latinos.
- Let's Protect Children, Not Guns / Marian Wright Edelman
If Congress passed stronger gun laws and closed loopholes, it would save lives.
- High-Speed Collusion / Joel Kelsey
Verizon wants to ink cartel-like deals with a cabal of cable companies -- its former competitors -- to resell each other's products.
- Breathing While Black / Donald Kaul
Strip searches are now legal after arrests for violating leash laws or riding a bicycle without an audible bell.
- The GOP's Money Man / Jim Hightower
Like ugly on a hog, Romney just can't hide the depth of his personal wealth.
- The Poor as Collateral Damage / William A. Collins
There are places where basic food, shelter, health care, and good schools are available to everyone, but not here.
- Crime Watch / Khalil Bendib (Cartoon)
- World Bank Energy Lending Still Veering in Wrong Direction
April 11, 2014
- Talking Points: Tensions Rising, Wars Escalating, Occupations Expanding
April 4, 2014
- White House Says Raising Tipped Wage Helps Women
March 27, 2014
- The Budget Wars: The Congressional Progressive Caucus is Ready for Paul Ryan
March 12, 2014