The Lineup: Week of August 20-26, 2012
August 20, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Sam Pizzigati and Scott Klinger explain how American taxpayers are subsidizing runaway CEO pay.
This week, OtherWords features a column by Sam Pizzigati and Scott Klinger that explains how American taxpayers are subsidizing runaway CEO pay. As always, I encourage you to subscribe to our weekly newsletter and visit our blog. If you haven't signed up yet, please do.
- Fix the Minimum Wage / Elizabeth Rose
Americans who work hard should be able to make a living.
- Washington, Are You Listening? / Mattea Kramer
The Bush tax cuts siphon off money that could fund education and other crucial programs.
- Avoiding a 21st-Century Dust Bowl / Jim Harkness
We need a Farm Bill that plants the seeds of resilience.
- David Barton's Make-Believe Version of American History / Mark Potok
Despite the fact that he has no academic training in history or related fields at all, Barton has become the go-to man for much of the religious far right.
- We're All Subsidizing Free Lunches for America's CEOs / Scott Klinger and Sam Pizzigati
It's time to close the tax loopholes that subsidize runaway executive compensation.
- Romney Runs away from his Running Mate / Jim Hightower
If they were honest with voters, their bumper sticker would read: "Ryan-Romney 2012."
- Oh, Just Call Them Terrorists / William A. Collins
Sooner or later, if citizens are going to support further wars and impingements on their own civil liberties, they need red meat.
- Belt-Tightening Time / Khalil Bendib (cartoon)
- This Week in OtherWords: May 15, 2013
May 15, 2013
- This Week in OtherWords: May 8, 2013
May 8, 2013
- Venezuela's Presidential Elections: The Battle Continues
May 3, 2013
- This Week in OtherWords: May 1, 2013
May 1, 2013