This Week in OtherWords: October 3-9, 2012
October 3, 2012 · By Emily Schwartz Greco
Sam Pizzigati's latest OtherWords column sums up the findings of a new Inequality Report Card that "grades" lawmakers.
This week, Sam Pizzigati's latest OtherWords column sums up the findings of a new Inequality Report Card that "grades" lawmakers. He's part of an Institute for Policy Studies team that assessed the performance of Congress on this important issue. Check it out to see how your lawmakers stack up.
- The Roots of Voter Suppression / Ron Carver
Opponents of black voter registration have always claimed they were protecting democracy.
- A New American Dream / James Gustave Speth
America is often No. 1 in ways we can't celebrate -- but the fight for real democracy, human solidarity, and devotion to the public good can change that.
- America's Rocky Road Away from Homophobia / Hillary Gibson
The DADT repeal marked a significant step toward equal rights for the LGBT community, but the problems don't stop -- or start -- there.
- Promoting Unemployment / Mitchell Zimmerman
The Republican obstruction of job-boosting policies helps the GOP run against a bad economy.
- A Congressional Report Card for the 99 Percent / Sam Pizzigati
The grades are in, and you can see how lawmakers fare on the most important issue of our time: the grand divide between America's rich and everybody else.
- Romney Passes the Torch to Taxpayers / Jim Hightower
Mitt won $1.5 billion of taxpayer gold for the Salt Lake City Olympics.
- Why John Roberts Upheld the Affordable Care Act / William A. Collins
While John Roberts may be a remarkably malevolent force in American jurisprudence, he's no dope.
- The Politics of Inequality / Khalil Bendib (Cartoon)
- A Devil's Bargain on the Climate
February 24, 2014
- Celebrities, European Leaders Push for Final Deal on Wall Street Tax
February 19, 2014
- 7 Things to Look Out for in the UN's Green Climate Fund
February 13, 2014
- Talking Points: State of the Union, of War, of the Middle East
February 10, 2014