Oronto Douglas is associated with Environmental Rights Action in Port Harcourt, Nigeria; Ike Okonta and Michael Watts are respectively a Ciriacy-Wantrup fellow and the director of the Institute of International Studies, University of California, Berkeley; Von Kemedt is the director of the community group Our Niger Delta in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. They wrote this for Foreign Policy In Focus (online at www.fpif.org).
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Negotiations at a Dead End
- Video: Phyllis Bennis on RT’s “Crosstalk: Eternal War”
- Syrian War Moving Outward, Obama Looks Inward
- Video: Did McCain Go to Syria to Sabotage US Russia Negotiations?
- Syria: The Threats, the Claims, the Costs, the Lives
- Video: Syria Crisis Becoming Increasingly Sectarian
- Do We Need a Maximum Wage?
- Gender Pay Gap Drives Inequality
- Standing Before Congress, Pope Francis Calls Out the ‘Industry of Death’
- What Can ‘Star Trek’ Teach Us About American Exceptionalism?
- The Guardian Reveals the West Ignored Russian Offer to Depose Assad in 2012
- What America Owes the Refugees Pouring Into Europe
Stay in touch with our community of public scholars and get the latest cutting edge progressive analysis and commentary.