Oronto Douglas is associated with Environmental Rights Action in Port Harcourt, Nigeria; Ike Okonta and Michael Watts are respectively a Ciriacy-Wantrup fellow and the director of the Institute of International Studies, University of California, Berkeley; Von Kemedt is the director of the community group Our Niger Delta in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. They wrote this for Foreign Policy In Focus (online at www.fpif.org).
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Negotiations at a Dead End
- Video: Phyllis Bennis on RT’s “Crosstalk: Eternal War”
- Syrian War Moving Outward, Obama Looks Inward
- Video: Did McCain Go to Syria to Sabotage US Russia Negotiations?
- Syria: The Threats, the Claims, the Costs, the Lives
- Video: Syria Crisis Becoming Increasingly Sectarian
- Obama’s Immigration Action Doesn’t Go Far Enough
- Netanyahu Is a National Security Risk—And Washington Knows It
- Korea’s Balloon War
- New England Can Feed Itself: A Vision for Regional Food Resilience
- The London Whale-Sized Loopholes in Wall Street Pay Reform
- Phyllis Bennis Discusses Latest Developments in Libya
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.