Oronto Douglas is associated with Environmental Rights Action in Port Harcourt, Nigeria; Ike Okonta and Michael Watts are respectively a Ciriacy-Wantrup fellow and the director of the Institute of International Studies, University of California, Berkeley; Von Kemedt is the director of the community group Our Niger Delta in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. They wrote this for Foreign Policy In Focus (online at www.fpif.org).
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Negotiations at a Dead End
- Video: Phyllis Bennis on RT’s “Crosstalk: Eternal War”
- Syrian War Moving Outward, Obama Looks Inward
- Video: Did McCain Go to Syria to Sabotage US Russia Negotiations?
- Syria: The Threats, the Claims, the Costs, the Lives
- Video: Syria Crisis Becoming Increasingly Sectarian
- Finding an Alternative to War with ISIS
- Looking Beyond the Headlines on Black Jobs and Workers in America
- An Open Letter to Obama: If You Want Money for the Climate, Tax Wall Street
- Obama, Letterman, and the ‘I’ Word
- Blackwater Sentencing and Accountability for Private Military Contractors
- Manuel Pérez-Rocha discusses upcoming Summit of the Americas
Get the latest from IPS in your inbox.